Background

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Daisy Update Part II

According to the bovine gestation table, Daisy's calving date is April 3.  She seems to be progressing nicely, though I'm not sure I'm noticing a remarkable difference in her overall size.  What I do notice, however, is that her udder is developing just the tiniest bit.


Take a look at the pictures below, and see if you notice a difference in her size.  The top picture is from about a month ago, and the bottom one is from Tuesday of last week (3/1).



The magical time is getting close!  So I've developed a spreadsheet on which you can venture your guess at the date and the gender of her calf.  Just a hint: heifer calves tend to be born a bit ahead of schedule; whereas, bull calves can come a bit later.  So, click on the link below to see an updated calendar with everyone's guesses.  Then, email me or comment with your own guess.  If it ends up being a bull calf, I will let the winner name him.  If it's a heifer calf, I will be naming her, but the winner will get the satisfaction of public recognition.  

Daisy's Calving Calendar Pool

No comments:

Post a Comment