Background

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

While We're Waiting

There's still nothing significant to report, except that a fellow teacher has made me a bit nervous.  Her family raises show cattle, and they just had a heifer that went 18 days past her due date.

Every day at school I'm asked a number of times by students and staff members whether I have a baby yet, which sometimes draws strange looks from passers by.  I've even started joking about how I'll put in the school's daily announcements something to the effect of "Thanks for all of your support.  My husband John and I are happy to report the arrival of our 80 pound black baby."

Today's posting is the result of one of my students asking if I'd read the following article and explaining that he'd immediately thought of me when he read it.  I have to admit, she's a girl after my own heart and I completely understand what she's talking about.

Here's the link:
Horse Dreams Dashed

No comments:

Post a Comment